Graphite pencil drawing on paper in a dark wood frame.
St Mary's Church is in the Parish of Cromford near Matlock, Derbyshire. Originally planned as a chapel for Willersley Castle, by Sir Richard
Arkwright (the creator of the modern factory system), St. Mary’s was completed five years after Sir Richard
Arkwright’s death in 1797.
The Arkwright family are buried in the small graveyard, and Sir Richard Arkwright is buried beneath the chancel.
The interior is stunningly decorated with murals and stained glass by the Victorian artist A. O. Hemming.